Saturday 4 May 2013

The Queen has arrived ! Lidiaana & the Afro - Lidiettes





Please check out @diamantdreams blog about our massive show last week. 
Thank you x



The #queen has arrived. #launchparty at #hoxtonsquare … Thanks for coming down and your #support . #love you all xx

Unforgettable! ^.^
it’s been nearly a week since we performed on that glorious night in Hoxton Square bar & kitchen but I still wonder whether it was really us twerking, strutting and almost moon-walking across the stage lol xD
All of the stress and anxiety leading up to this performance was released with explosions of passion and energy. I honestly felt like someone pushed the “Showtime!” button located somewhere in my brain and quickly buckled my back knee so I could dance in overdrive to the infectious music our amazing band delivered.
When I think about how much time, stress and dripping sweat we put into this project with very little of the accurate means we needed to plan a show of this enormity, I begin to understand the true meaning of work ethic and pure determination to succeed in something that seems realistically impossible and unattainable.
My sister Lidiaana’s “FemaleBossiness” mentality and vigorous drive has been such a wonderful learning experience for me personally. As an aspiring artist and performer, watching her hands-on with every aspect of the project and strongly believing in her vision regardless of the circumstances was a real inspiration for me to step up and carry that same hunger she possesses whilst still being effortlessly beautiful as she is ;D
To our newest beautiful and talented Afro-Lidiette sister, Heza boo we love you! She was just a blessing. To come into something new with as much passion, openness and love as we did was just the icing on the cake on top of being committed to rehearsals within a very short space of time.
The bond that we built during this process was practically displayed powerfully that night and I remember telling my girls at the end “We did it…we actually did it!!” having a clear knowledge of what we went through to get to that stage. This show brightened the future even more for us and I’m even more excited and convinced that performing is something I should be doing on a regular basis. The feeling I get on stage is just so electric and I feel like I can be the best version of who I am as an artist/performer and human being. 
I appreciate everyone who came down to support and everyone from our friends, the models (HOT!), amazing stylist, DJ, band/musicians etc. to the venue people, bar staff, sound and lighting guy…just everyone who willingly volunteered and contributed to this successful project. Merci, merci and merci beaucoup!
Catch us again performing at TETV’s Showcase/Party event on the 10th of May 2013 @Vox(Colosseum), Vauxhall
You don’t want to miss it! :D
My girl @diamantdreams … Thank you for this beautiful blog ….. Much love sis x

No comments:

Post a Comment