Wednesday 1 May 2013

Lidiaana is doing Cover Songs


You know what, ... for a while I disliked people who would call themselves Singers and Songwriters or Artists , even though they were only doing cover songs.

I didn't get it.

I mean seriously, some of the YouTube covers are straight covers - not even a rendition and they would still get 200.000 + views. 
Apart from that I didn't understand why people liked to advertise someone else's song instead of being original.

Anyways, as I said - I have changed. 

I now think that it's great to do covers as this helps to connect with your audience BUT it's even better if you can show you are original by writing your own music. At the end of the day you are better off advertising your own music.

I have decided to do a rendition of one of my favourite 'Motown' songs I heard it through the grapevine by Marvin Gaye and also put it on my album.


So far that's the song that got most played on radio....

Here is the track https://soundcloud.com/lidiaana/i-heard-it-through-the

Hope you like it x


No comments:

Post a Comment