Sunday 4 November 2012

The Black Power Mixtape 1967 - 1975 ...have you watched it??

Thanks to my good friend Miss Sabina Beatz  , I was able to go to this amazing Event at the Paddington Arts Centre. At first I wasn't too sure, what kind of Event it was - I only knew that it had something to do with the Black History Month.




However once I got there I was so happy that I did go.

We watched a documentary about the Black Power Movement, which was absolutely fascinating.


The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975

A film by Göran Hugo Olsson
ABOUT THE FILM

The Black Power Mixtape examines the evolution of the Black Power Movement in the black
community and Diaspora from 1967 to 1975. The film combines music, startling 16mm footage
(lying undiscovered in the cellar of Swedish Television for 30 years), and contemporary audio
interviews from leading African-American artists, activists, musicians and scholars. 


Including audio commentary by:
Erykah Badu
Harry Belafonte
Kathleen Cleaver
Angela Davis
John Forté
Robin Kelley
Talib Kweli
Abiodun Oyewole
Melvin Van Peebles
Sonia Sanchez
Bobby Seale
Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson



Trailer



I'm totally recommending this documentary and if you are interested in buying a copy - then click here


Speak to you soon x

Much love,
Lidiaana

No comments:

Post a Comment